Munnar Tourism Places 2021: If you’re planning to spend the weekend in Munnar then you’d be amazed to see why Munnar is famous for and how many munnar tourist attractions are yet to be explored. Munnar kerala tourism has been struggling to promote the tourist places in Munnar with heavy tourism advertisements after the Corona pandemic and the backpacking tourists in Kerala are already trekking the mountains.
Either you’re just planning to visit Munnar tourist places by yourself or looking for a Munnar tour packages for 2 days from Chennai, Coimbatore, Bangalore or any state this article is going to be helpful in planning your itinerary which we had planned when we went for the best weekend getaway from Coimbatore within 200 kms. Other places to visit in Kerala is 900 kandi wayanad and famous things to try in Kerala is staying in premium Alleppey houseboats.
Munnar Tourism Places 2021:
We spent around a week in Munnar exploring both the famous and most unexplored places and so we have created a customized Itinerary plan for Munnar tourism places so that you could spend the best time in your Munnar trip without worrying about the fear of missing out any important destinations in Munnar. Keeping in mind Munnar is famous honeymoon destination and people come here for having a relaxing weekend trip, we have sorted out some places to avoid in Munnar as well.
If you want us to Organise your tour then contact us in whatsapp here : +916385822088
DAY 1 Munnar Tourism Places :
- Arrive Early morning or A night earlier to Munnar and check-in your hotel.
- Hire a cab/ Rent a Bike and travel to Chithirapuram view point.
- Complete your breakfast and head towards Valara waterfalls.
- Ride till Cheeyappara waterfalls and return back to your hotel.
- Day 1 Munnar tourism places ends here.
Above places can be completed in a day if you start early from Munnar around 9-10 A.M, For adventure seekers you might be looking to try adventure activities in Munnar so go to Wonder Valley or DreamLand Fun as they both offer several adventure sports. Also there are few adventurous things to do in Munnar at night such as night trekking in jeep safari watching the wildlife. But remember that had to be booked only with the official govt jeeps and not with private jeep safari as it is risky to roam around wild animals in the dark without proper protection for your life.
DAY 2 Munnar Tourism Places to Visit:
- Head to Eravikulam National Park and you will get to have a look at Anaimudi hills which is the highest hill in South India, Rare Varai Aadu (Mountain Goat) found only in few places in India. You can book tickets a day before to avoid standing in the queue.
- Go to Nyayamkad Water falls after the park trip is done.
- From there head towards Lakkam Waterfalls.
- Head to Sandalwood forest in Marayoor and return back to Munnar.
If you can extend a day then stay in Marayur and go for Marayur forest trek in the next morning and other places around. Do not miss thuvaanam waterfalls when you go for this trek.
When you’re visiting the best tourism places in Munnar, you’ll not be willing to return back leaving all those beautiful mountains so, if you have free time and looking to visit more Munnar tourist places then let me give you more Itinerary for Munnar tourism packages for 3 days and 4 days.
DAY 3 Munnar Tour Packages:
- Start early from your hotel and complete your breakfast.
- Head towards Mattupetty dam and try out the tasty carrot and mango.
- Reach the Sun Moon valley boating center and go for a boat ride ( Speed boat is only available here otherwise you can find normal boat rides in the next point).
- Stop-by in Echo point and shout as loud as possible at the nature & plan boat rides here.
- Complete your Lunch.( Bread Omelette and Maggi is what mostly sold there)
- Next destination is Kundala Dam, check out the Eucalyptus trees and go for boat ride in this secluded place if you’ve skipped it in previous places.
- Finally reach the top station and from the view point you can have a look at Cumbam(Theni). Sometimes weather conditions might be too misty to watch the view.
- Head back to your hotel.
If you can spare some more time then head to Vattavada and visit the strawberry farm before you return to your hotel.Your trip ends here and check out the hotel if you have planned to spend only 2 days.
Approximate Split for Munnar Tourism Packages cost :
|Package Split||Price (Rs.)||Nos.(3 days)|
|Hotel||9000||2 Person max|
|Taxi||4600||4 Person max|
DAY 4 & 5 Munnar Kerala Tourism Places :
Kolukkumalai is the best unexplored trekking spot where you can take wild jeep safari and watch the best sunrise in India, So I’ll post a separate post on Kolukkumalai tourism soon.
- Check-out the hotel and hire a cab/bike to Suryanelli.
- Either you can stay in Suryanelli and rent a jeep for the next day sunrise in Kolukkumalai or you can camp the same night in Kolukkumalai and watch the sunrise the next day.
- The camping site is the highest in South India with campfire, dinner, trek to sunrise and breakfast. ( we can help you arranging a camping trip there, whatsapp us here : +916385822088
- Take a visit to the world’s highest tea factory and return back to Munnar.
- There are some places around Suryanelli that you can visit if you have time.
- On the way from Suryanelli to Munnar you can visit the Attukad falls.
- Head to Pothamedu view point and enjoy the sunset with hot coffee.
- Then return to your hotel in the evening.
Your Munnar trip for 5 days ends here, Take back lot of experience and memories with you.
Munnar Budget Hotels Below 1000:
There are lots of costly resorts to stay in Munnar if you’re planning for honeymoon trip or get-together with friends but if you’re looking for cheap budget hotels below 1000 here’s what you need:
How to Reach Munnar by Train, Bus and Aeroplane?
Incoming search terms for Munnar Tourism 2021:
munnar tourist places list with images
munnar tourist map
munnar tourism description
munnar is famous for
munnar tourist places in tamil
madurai to munnar tourist places